[Equest-users] Window replacement and infiltration rate changing

YingQi Chen yingqi.chen at pertan.com
Wed Sep 15 14:05:17 PDT 2010

Dear eQuester:

I want to run a simulation by EEM wizard. I want to replace exiting single pane,
clear windows with double pane clear windows for a school building.

I changed the class type form single pane clear to double pane clear windows.
 The energy saving doesn’t look good.  I have two following questions need
someone's guidance.

Question 1:

My question is that this EEM will reduce perimeter infiltration rate of the
building. I am not quit sure if I need to reduce the perimeter infiltration rate
in the simulation. If, it does, how many percentage of infiltration rate do I
need to reduce?

Question 2:

Does eQuest programmer has already considered this issue and changed the
perimeter infiltration rate automatically with changing window glass type and
insulation of the windows?

Yingqi Chen

The PERTAN Group
44 Main Street, Suite