[Equest-users] input summary & instantaneous DHW

Christopher Zabaneh czabaneh at davislangdon.us
Tue Sep 21 14:28:20 PDT 2010

Hi folks -

Two questions for you -

1.       Though experienced with EnergyPro and other software, I'm looking for some assistance with eQUEST. We have received a request from a LEED reviewer to provide a separate program 'input summary' outside of what is generally required in LEED. Aside from the input file, is there a good summary report of the pertinent input parameters in eQUEST? Are we stuck with manual entry?

2.       We typically model instantaneous DHW heaters as 0.01 or 0 gallons, however, eQUEST requires a minimum of 1 gallon. Not a huge difference, but is there a better way to model instantaneous in eQUEST for ASHRAE 90.1-2004 compliance? (I noticed a post on this in the archives in January that didn't seem to have a response)

Thanks kindly,

Christopher Zabaneh, LEED AP BD+C

Davis Langdon
301 Arizona Avenue
Suite 301
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Main: (310) 393-9411 x 2160
Fax: (310) 393-7493
czabaneh at davislangdon.us<mailto:czabaneh at davislangdon.us>
http://www.davislangdon.com/

A carbon neutral company<http://www.davislangdon.com/USA/Research/ResearchFinder/Davis-Langdon-Greening-Report/>

This email, along with any attached files, is confidential and is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email.