[Equest-users] Muti building model for LEED and baseline

Laura Howe, RCE laurahowe.rce at qwestoffice.net
Mon Sep 27 17:20:40 PDT 2010

I am going to be reviewing a model for  a LEED project where there are
multiple buildings (12).  I expect there to be many weaknesses in the model
as this is their first attempt at Equest.  Each building is small/one story,
and many are duplicates with just different aspects on the site.  It seems
the customer has modeled this project with 12 different models.  This seems
a pretty cumbersome way to do the model, especially since they share the hot
water service (no heating/cooling).  Can anyone speak to if or how it might
be more appropriate/efficient to do this as one structure in Equest?

Secondly, there will be no heating or cooling in this project (central
America).  Is there an acceptable way to have mechanical cooling as the
baseline, for acceptance by LEED?  I know App G says base and project shall
be the same with none, but since some facilities in the area are built with
mechanical cooling it seems credit may be due.  Ideas?

Thanks

Laura