[Equest-users] No Heating from PVVT Heat Pump

Eddie Corwin ecorwin at altanova-energy.com
Wed Sep 29 06:42:37 PDT 2010

So I determined why I was not getting any heating, and the resolutions perplexes
me.

 I am modeling an Air-to-Air heat pump, so in the air-side system --> Basics tab
I selected "NO" for the field "WL/GS Ht Pump".  In doing so, I get no heating
out of the system.  When I change the field to "YES"  I now get heating.
 Attached are two images showing the field i am referring to, and
showing that I have an air-cooled condenser.  Does anyone know why this might be
happening.  I am worried that eQuest is treating my HP like a ground or
water source HP instead of an air-to-air system.  Any thoughts on the matter
would be appreciated.  By the way, I am using eQuest 3.64

-Eddie