[Equest-users] No Heating from PVVT Heat Pump

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Wed Sep 29 12:56:31 PDT 2010

Eddie,
You can see with your attached model that at least you are getting
heating and the system is operating. To get rid of your unmet hours, you
will have to refine the model. First put the accurate loads and envelope
in (including getting rid of the exterior floor I mentioned previously)
and make sure your schedules (lighting, equipment, occupancy etc.) are
reasonable. Then change some interior walls to air walls as applicable
(interior walls that aren't actually there, such as corridors that open
into a space without a door) to more evenly distribute loads within each
floor. Finally, add system capacities and zonal air flows. Perimeter
baseboard heating may be needed in the design if the windows and walls
are as poor as your previous attached model suggests. You might also
create a custom capacity curve (HEAT-CAP-FT) for the Mitsubishi heat
pump.
Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects
LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114
F: (585) 325-6005
wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
www.pathfinder-ea.com
P   Sustainability - the forest AND the trees. P