[Equest-users] Modeling mid-rise resid building with external rainscreen wall

Enrico Lodo enrico.lodo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 23:57:23 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,
it's my first time that I am using eQuest model and first of all I have
tried to read a bit the user manual, but I still have a lot of doubt since
it is my first time.
Let me explain my problem. I'm trying to assess the efficiency of a kind of
external wall (a rainscreen wall in opposition of a face sealed wall), I
have already modeled my wall with hygrothermal modeling and heat transfer
modeling and now I want to try to see if I can evaluate the effect on an
entire building.
I've found eQuest but I'm not sure if it is the correct program. What I want
to do is modeling a mid-rise residential building using common values from
ASHRAE for e.g. for lighting, internal load ecc. and only change the
external wall properties.
Do you think is a proper things to do? I mean, eQuest can be useful for my
purpose?

Really thank you for every useful answer

Enrico