[Equest-users] Energy consumption vs. building loads

Dan Higginson DHigginson at hemmera.com
Wed Apr 20 12:05:13 PDT 2011

I'm new to eQUEST and am looking for a way to model the thermal
performance of buildings. So far, I have only been able to view energy
and peak load results/graphs in terms of energy or power consumption.
For the work I'm doing, I need to use actual building loads - i.e. peak
heating/cooling loads and hourly/monthly/yearly energy from the
building's perspective. Is there a simple way to view these results? I
realize I could do these calculations myself (for example, if the energy
consumed for space heating is 100 Btu by a boiler at 85% efficiency, the
building needs 100x85%=85 Btu of energy), but it would be much faster if
I could view these results directly in eQUEST.

Thanks for your help.

Dan Higginson, BASc, EIT

Mechanical Engineer

HEMMERA Energy

(A Division of Hemmera)

Suite 250 - 1380 Burrard Street

Vancouver, British Columbia  V6Z 2H3
tel: 604.669.0424 ext. 433

direct / cell: 250.497.6815
web: www.Hemmera.com

Hemmera is Creating Opportunities through responsive client service and
environmental expertise.

Read Hemmera's newsletter
<http://www.hemmera.com/upload/newsletters/Hemmera-Highlights-08.28.09.h
tm>