[Equest-users] Difference between wizard and detailed mode

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Apr 13 14:21:33 PDT 2011

Hey Travis,

What you've currently got is:

-          A 60ton unit for each floor's core zone (2 total)

-          A series of 5 and 7.5 ton units each serving one perimeter zone (8 total)  ß note: cooling capacities appear to have been edited after the wizards

-          Total units: 10

-          Picture:

It sounds like the desired is to have:

-          A 60ton unit for each floor's core zone (2 total)

-          15 ton units each serving two perimeter zones (4 total)

-          Total units: 6

To pull this off you need to

2.       Review/Correct the tonnage for the smaller units, as necessary (wizard inputs don't reflect 15 tons all around)

3.       Select "system per site" in the first screen of each system  (note: you've got "system per zone" selected currently, which assigns one system of the specified sort to each zone in the shell associated... this is the main source of your system quantity issue).

4.       Assign the perimeter zones to the appropriate systems  (looks like you've already done this correctly, but review to be sure assignments are correct).

When finished and on exiting the DD wizard, you should observe the correct quantity of systems and zone assignments on review of the airside HVAC tab/component tree.

Best of luck!

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER