[Equest-users] Where to find summary of overridden defaults etc.

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:00:18 PDT 2011

Just a couple of comments, Mark. If a default was overridden, it would be
you who did it so you would know what you overrode it with. If I am
misunderstanding and you just couldn't see what the default was you can view
it, usually by right clicking on the input box.

I am curious why the reviewer asked that autosizing not be done for the
baseline. I was reading my Std 90 2004 User's guide this morning and was
kind of surprised that in it they more or less suggest you need to oversize
by hand. I'm not sure why. I know that you need to be careful where you put
the 15% and 25% sizing increases in eQUEST but it's relatively easy to get
them in the right spot.

As a check let me know what you think of my methodology. I set the system
sizing ratio on the first screen of the Air-Side HVAC System to 1.0, and
then set the Cool Size Ratio to 1.15 on the first screen under the Cooling
tab, and the Heat Size Ratio to 1.25 of the first screen under the Heating
tab. Is this what others do?

Carol

Carol Gardner PE