[Equest-users] equest and energy plus outputs

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 22:27:44 PDT 2011

Hmmm- an energy plus model showed 50% less energy use (EUI) than eQuest?
Did you use the same weather files?  (i.e. convert the EPW you used in E+ to
.bin and use the same weather file in eQuest?)

If this is truly the case, this is unsettling as a simulator.   Wouldn't it
be safer for our clients to error on the conservative side and give the
eQuest results instead of the E+ results?

Also--if this is the case, then what is the market advantage to spending
thousands of dollars on E+ software rather than use the FREE-ware eQuest
program??

I'd appreciate any commentary to help me "see the light" of this topic.  And
if Deepika is willing to share a visual of his energy results output, I'm
super curious to see what it is showing...

Good question/good info...thanks,
Pasha

Korber Energy Consultants