[Equest-users] equest and energy plus outputs

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 09:09:49 PDT 2011

I am sure EnergyPlus is a fine and well thought out program (consider the
sources and fine people involved).  However, since I am in production mode (and
don't have time to create a model in two different programs-who pays for THAT),
I chose to migrate to eQuest after DOE-2.1 A, B, C, D, and E. There are plenty
of resources to ask questions of, the program started out in Windows (didn't
need "add ons"), and gives me a 3-D rendering on the building immediately.

I dealt with 20 years of "raw" DOE-2, where I didn't know what my building
really looked like (until Joe Huang came along with BDL Draw..). So I would need
at age (you guess..) to not relearn an entirely new program and stick with what
I had learned over the past 25+ years.

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Senior Energy Engineer

PartnerEnergy
1990 E. Grand Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245
W: 888-826-1216, X254| D: 310-765-7295 | F: 310-817-2745
www.ptrenergy.com| jaulbach at ptrenergy.com