[Equest-users] Modelling for Core and Shell Office Building

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Mon Aug 1 16:29:41 PDT 2011

Dear All,

I have a question regarding modelling HVAC systems for LEED CS. I have
not found sufficient information on this on the LEED Reference Guide.

The building we are modelling has office floors to be leased to tenants
without any furbishment. As such, mechanical installation within the
office floor will be carried out by the tenant. However, the landlord is
completing the building with VRF outdoor units as well as heat recovery
ventilators on each floor. VRF piping and ventilation ducts will be
installed up to the tenant areas. Therefore, the tenants have no other
choice than to use these systems in their furbishment.

How should the proposed model be designed regarding the tenant areas?
Also, should separate HVAC submeters be modelled for each tenant area in
the proposed model?

How should the baseline model be designed? According to G3.1.1.A, our
baseline system is System #8. Is there any difference in modelling
tenant areas or is modelling the baseline case done in the same way it
would have been for a LEED-NC building?

Thank you,

Ömer Moltay, LEED AP BD+C, BREEAM Assessor
Mimta Ltd.
Hekimsuyu Cad. 559. Sk. No:39
34255 Kucukkoy Istanbul Turkey
Tel: 90-212-617-2296