[Equest-users] Flat Performance Curve

Brian Tysoe BTysoe at mcw.com
Tue Aug 2 11:26:12 PDT 2011

Hello,

For a ASHRAE 90.1 Energy Cost Budget model, 11.3.2.b says the following:

"All HVAC and service water heating equipment in the budget building shall be modeled at the minimum efficiency levels, both part load and full load, in accordance with 6.4 and 7.4."

Should I interpret this to mean the efficiency is constant with respect to part load ratio? Therefore, a hot water boiler <300,000 Btu/h should have an efficiency of 80% at all operating points (Table 6.8.1F)? How do I enter a flat performance curve for a boiler in eQUEST?

Thanks,

Brian Tysoe M.A.Sc., P.Eng., LEED AP
Mechanical Engineer

MCW Consultants Ltd. <http://www.mcw.com>
600-156 Front Street West
Toronto, ON M5J 2L6
Phone 416-598-2920
Fax 416-598-5394

This e-mail may be privileged and confidential. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender directly.