[Equest-users] System Level Exhaust - Power Exhaust Fans

Brad L. Huff BradH at BVHis.com
Mon Aug 15 07:34:38 PDT 2011

All,

I have searched the archives with no success to determine how to best model fan energy consumption of powered exhaust at a system level. I feel I must be overlooking an obvious feature of the program. I want to define either kw/cfm or static pressure drop for the powered exhaust fan. Under the system, fan power and control tab, there is only room to enter this information for supply and return fans. I feel the only way to model this by appropriately tracking the system exhaust flow is to attach an ERV that runs anytime air is being exhausted with 0 effectiveness and its own set of fans corresponding to that of the system exhaust fan. Any suggestions on what the LEED modeling community has found to be acceptable would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Brad

Brad Huff, E.I.T., LEED Green Associate, Mechanical Engineer I BVH Integrated Services I 860.286.9171 tel I 860.242.0236 fax I 50 Griffin Road South, Bloomfield CT 06002 I .bvhis.com<http://www.bvhis.com/> I twitter.com/bvhis I Hartford  Boston