[Equest-users] Default for Zone Conditioned/Unconditioned Type

Robby Oylear robbyoylear at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 09:09:41 PDT 2011

It's always bugged me that you have to define the
conditioned/unconditioned/plenum keyword twice, once at the space level and
once at the zone level.  It seems like it would be fairly simple to use some
if/then statements and some BDL functions to have the zone TYPE keyword
default to the corresponding space ZONE-TYPE keyword value.  I recently put
together an expression that does just that (see below) however after
inserting this expression as a Use Defined Expression and saving the file,
the file no longer opens and results in eQUEST crashing during the load
process.  If defined as a User Defined Default, after the save and reopen,
eQUEST overwrites my default expression and gives me an error for not having
the TYPE as the first keyword at the zone level.

Is this a known bug?  Is there no way to have the zone and space conditioned
type keywords be related to one another?

Here's the expression:

if(#LR("SPACE","ZONE-TYPE")==#SI("CONDITIONED","SPACE","ZONE-TYPE"))
then #SI("CONDITIONED","ZONE","TYPE")
else if(#LR("SPACE","ZONE-TYPE")==#SI("UNCONDITIONED","SPACE","ZONE-TYPE"))
then #SI("UNCONDITIONED","ZONE","TYPE")
else #SI("PLENUM","ZONE","TYPE")
endif endif

Thanks,