[Equest-users] LEED Treatment of Code-Excepted Outdoor Lighting

Christian Kaltreider ckaltreider at sudassociates.com
Thu Aug 25 09:23:52 PDT 2011

Hello All,

I'm wondering if anyone has come across this issue, and how you have dealt
with it:

I have exterior lighting for athletic playing areas and theatrical areas
within my LEED site boundary.  This represents a significant energy usage in
the fairly small site.  However, because athletic playing areas and
theatrical areas are an exception to 90.1 9.4.5, I do not see any way to
model this in the baseline other than using the power densities from the
proposed design.  This means that although we are using efficient lighting
schemes in these areas we will see no savings and will harm our overall %
savings.

Any suggestions or experience with this?

Thanks,

Christian