[Equest-users] Invalid argument for parametric runs

Dakota Kelley dakotak at teliospc.com
Mon Aug 1 13:53:07 PDT 2011

This sounds similar to, but not exactly the same as, an issue I experienced on a recent project - I think it's an issue with v3.64 and have stopped using parametric runs on projects created in this version.

In my case I had set up parametric runs for the Baseline rotations and started getting BDL read errors on the 90 degree rotation.  It was something to the effect of "Error on line 4, column 50, character expected...".  Unfortunately, I have no troubleshooting tips because the .prd file looked flawless, but I noticed that the eQUEST project file (.pd2 file) was empty when I opened it with Notepad.  Somehow it got wiped out and the project would no longer load.  Luckily, I had my Proposed project file, so here's what I did:

1)       Copied the Proposed .pd2 file in a new folder, changed the file name to "*** Baseline", then opened the file with Notepad and changed the project name to "*** Baseline" inside the file, too

2)       Copied the Baseline .inp file in the same folder

This restored my Baseline to the pre-parametric run status.  Sorry this doesn't find the cause, but hopefully someone else out there won't lose a project.

Thanks,

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CC5063.1B249B30]

DAKOTA KELLEY
Director of Facility Consulting

Office:   214.744.6199
Cell:       214.280.3825
Fax:       214.744.0770
3535 Travis Street, Suite 115
Dallas, Texas 75204

dakotak at teliospc.com<mailto:dakotak at teliospc.com>
www.teliospc.com<mailto:www.teliospc.com>

[cid:image003.png at 01CC5062.84E92230]<https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/TELIOS-Corporation/144924313318?sk=app_4949752878>[cid:image004.png at 01CC5062.84E92230]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/telios---mep-consulting-design-engineers>

MEP ENGINEERING * ENERGY MODELING * LEED CONSULTATION * COMMISSIONING

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the intended recipient, please email the sender immediately, and delete this email from all computers.  Any
distribution or other use is strictly prohibited.  Copyright (c) 2011 Telios Corporation