[Equest-users] Modifying Building Shell in Detailed Mode

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 09:57:15 PDT 2011

Brian:

Let me tell you a suggestion which can be just as dangerous, but may make more sense.

What I do is develop the initial building in the Schematic Wizard, go to the Design Development Wizard to do the different floors and zoning of each, then to the Detailed Edit to complete the schedules and anything else.  NOW, hopefully you have SAVED at least the DD Wizard as a separate file. Make another copy (so the the original DD Wizard file is saved), then create what ever floor or zoning changes you need.

THEN, cut and paste this information into your newly recopied (remember, you are saving EVERYTHING) Detail Edit file (in the .INP file) and remove the old information.

For at least the Spaces and the geometry, you will be OK. You now need to rename the Zones to link up with your Spaces. If you changed the Shell (Floor) sizing so that you may have a roof or a floor overhang you did not have before, you can usually "patch" that.

This takes a bit of notation to keep straight, but at least your new spaces/zones will have some reasonableness, rather than trying to keep up with the ergonomics.
 John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Senior Energy Engineer

PartnerEnergy
1990 E. Grand Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245
W: 888-826-1216, X254| D: 310-765-7295 | F: 310-817-2745
www.ptrenergy.com| jaulbach at ptrenergy.com