[Equest-users] tilt axis

Ali Murat Tanyer tanyer at metu.edu.tr
Tue Aug 23 01:13:34 PDT 2011

Dear Nick and Others,

The advice on playing with the surface azimuth is not working. I tried 4
different azimuth angles (see attached image az1.jpeg) and in all of
them the rotation is along the short edge. I would like the rotation
along the long edge. But how to do that?

There are 2 advices on the list:
http://lists.onebuilding.org/htdig.cgi/equest-users-onebuilding.org/2009-September/002320.html
http://lists.onebuilding.org/htdig.cgi/equest-users-onebuilding.org/2010-April/004219.html

The first one (inverting the X and Y coordinates) is close to the
solution but coordinates are the mirror (see attached image az2.jpeg).
The second one does not work at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks