[Equest-users] SunSpace Forced Ventilation Not Working

Alea German agerman at davisenergy.com
Thu Feb 17 14:15:36 PST 2011

Hello all,

I have been trying to model a sunspace on a residential building and incorporate forced ventilation from the sunspace into the adjoining space. I have defined a forced-recirc wall parameter and assigned this to the construction that I've assigned to the interior wall. The interior surface is defined in the sunspace. There are three sunspaces but my understanding is that you can only have forced convection across one therefore I've only assigned my wall parameter to one of the internal walls.

The issues is that I'm not seeing any difference in output with and without the wall parameter assigned to the wall. I have read over the help documentation and it appears that I'm modeling this correctly. When I view the hourly output there are plenty of instances where the sunspace is hotter than the adjacent zone and is within the temperature parameters I've assigned; however, no ventilation is occurring.  Does anyone have any experience with modeling sunspaces? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alea

Alea German
Staff Engineer