[Equest-users] Changeover Bypass System

Dane Heimerman daneh at mlnai.com
Mon Feb 21 07:11:59 PST 2011

Hi all,
I'm trying to model a small commercial building with a changeover bypass
system. What I mean is each zone would have it's own damper, but they
would not have reheat. When a certain percentage of zones needed heating
or cooling, the system would changeover to condition those zones, then
change back, etc. The zone dampers would just open and close based on a
need for the air being supplied, closing down to a minimum to maintain
outdoor air requirements. I'm looking at the PVVT system, but it sounds
like that system is only controlled by one zone.

Also, how do you check to make sure dampers are closing when needed,
etc. in the reports? I suppose you would have to make an hourly report
for supply cfm, and compare that to the hours the zone is underheated or
undercooled?

Dane Heimerman
HVAC Engineer
Michael L. Norris&  Associates, Inc.