[Equest-users] Equest: Exhaust air heat recovery to hot loop via cold loop

Bélanger Simon Simon.Belanger at teknika-hba.com
Thu Feb 24 05:37:55 PST 2011

Hi all,

First, know that I am a fairly new Equest user. I've searched the archive but have not found a good answer to my question.

In a building I am trying to model, I need to recover heat from the exhaust of a ventilation system with a cold water loop. The heat recovered is then transferred to a hot water loop with a chiller. I have yet to find a way to model that. This should lower our energy consumption as the boiler will have less heat to provide.

Any advice would be welcome,

Thank  you all!
Simon Belanger

Junior Engineer in Energy Efficiency