[Equest-users] using IPLV in eQuest

James Waechter jamesw at McKinstry.com
Fri Feb 25 08:55:29 PST 2011

John,

If the only parameter Rohini enters into the program is the full-load EIR – which he said is the same for both chillers – how will eQuest know to bend the curves differently for the two chiller options.  It is my understanding that program would use the same chiller efficiency curves for both machines even though their IPLVs are different.

In order to overcome this issue, are you saying Rohini should get chiller performance data from each of the manufacturers and enter his own custom curves?  I recall there was a discussion on that topic a few months back.

Regards,

James Waechter Jr., P.E., CEM, LEED A.P.
Energy Engineer – Rocky Mountain Region
p 303 215 4062 | m 727 686 3248

McKinstry
Consulting | Construction | Energy | Facility Services

www.mckinstry.com <http://www.mckinstry.com/>

From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org [mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of John Aulbach
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 9:41 AM
To: R B; eQUEST Users List
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] using IPLV in eQuest

Rohini:

Won't happen. IPLV is a number which has one equation and 4 unknowns. Actually, three unknowns as you know the 100% point. You need a manufacturer's curve run at 85F constant condenser water temperature. Let eQuest do the curve bending after that. ARI curve won't work right.

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM

Senior Energy Engineer

Partner Energy

1990 E. Grand Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245
W: 888-826-1216, X254| D: 310-765-7295 | F: 310-817-2745

www.ptrenergy.com <http://www.ptrenergy.com/>  | jaulbach at ptrenergy.com <mailto:%7C%20jaulbach at ptrenergy.com>