[Equest-users] Curve Coefficients

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Sun Feb 6 13:25:35 PST 2011

To clarify the ongoing discussion and reinforce my earlier response to John's query:

Standard ARI rating conditions (*) for packaged AC/heatpump equipment are 95°F DB entering at the outdoor section (outside air), and  67°F WB entering at the indoor section (the mixed air conditions entering the coil).  If I'm not mistaken, those are the corresponding drybulb and wetbulb temperatures to be referenced when normalizing to and creating any of the DX performance curves that use temperatures as variables.

(*) See Table 3 on page 10 of the AHRI document Maria Karpman linked recently on bldg-sim (copied below).

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers