[Equest-users] HVAC type for Exhaust Fans on parking lots

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Feb 11 07:27:34 PST 2011

As an extra suggestion, you can take the approach Bill is describing but
instead define the ventilation systems as a direct load on a sub-meter
to your default electric meter.  The advantage to this extra step is you
can reference report PS-B to more easily document the garage ventilation
system demand/consumption on the EAp2 template as a process load
separate from your other "misc. equip" loads, the same way elevators get
a separate line.  My last reviewer demanded this be broken out
separately.

Attached discussion describes the suggestion more thoroughly.

To my knowledge nobody has yet put forth a "standard" or "baseline"
schedule to use for garage ventilation, so I've always resolved to model
them identically thus far.

>From discussions with various others, I understand CO/CO2-sensored
systems don't operate terribly often, even in busy garages.  I suspect
the predominance of modern catalytic converters (fewer cars from the
70's and earlier are driven daily) has a lot to do with the ppm values
not getting approached.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER