[Equest-users] ASHRAE LPD for Auditorium

Sunayana Jain sunayana_jain at neo.tamu.edu
Mon Feb 14 06:46:36 PST 2011

Hi Praveen,

If the auditorium is a part of university building (same block), LPD for university as per building area method can be followed.

In case, the auditorium is a separate building ( block on a university campus which I believe is possible in Roorkee), as per my understanding, LPD value should be considered separately as per building area method by selecting the most appropriate type from convention center/performing art of which defines the building usage most closely.

The selection method also depends on what scale the project is being viewed, if the whole university is being considered all together, LPD value for university type building can be taken from Building Area Method table.

Thanks,

Sunayana Jain

LEED AP, EIT