[Equest-users] INP PD2 Library

Bob Fassbender bob at energy-models.com
Mon Feb 14 07:00:25 PST 2011

All-

Arpan brings up a good point about the social networking among
energy-modelers.

It hasn't been used too much, but you can create a profile and "friend"
other energy-modelers at energy-models.com. I am not so sure how interested
engineers are in socializing but the network is important for other things
(finding the right modeler, calling out clients who don't pay)

Also, forum posts are setup to eventually become a wiki but the best posts
need to be established by voting up and down (which also helps search the
best results). Users also earn points for posting to the forum and getting
positive votes (among other methods). Points earn you more privileges on the
site (become a moderator, write blogs, post downloads, basically do anything
on the site if you get enough points). Your posts get weighed based on your
number of points.

Everything on the site is free except the online courses (because of
registration expenses and site costs). The site is also open to host courses
for anyone wishing to create an online course (whether free or charged). The
job listings are also used as classifieds to find work or to find other
modelers to complete a contract.

If you're interested in learning how to use the site, check out this recent
post: http://energy-models.com/blog/2-14-11/how-use-website-effectively

Otherwise, if you are a modeler who wishes to get involved, contact me and I
can likely set you up to write articles, or basically do anything on the
site. If the site ever does turn a profit (say by charging for job
postings), there will be a profit share among all admins.

Thanks and Happy Valentine's day (don't forget!)

Bob