[Equest-users] Heat Rejection From an Ice Plant

Justin Elkin jelkin at mreng.ca
Fri Jan 7 12:30:26 PST 2011

Hello all;

I have a couple questions concerning the setup of an ice plant on eQUEST:

I have five chillers connected to my brine loop and would like to group the
rejected heat from the ice plant and dispense it to three areas: the space
heating of the building, the subfloor, and domestic hot water. I don't want
to connect a specific chiller to just one of these loops since I'd like to
have the heat recovery from all five chillers go to one area if need be, or
split it up where ever the heat is needed. That being said:

1)     Is there a way to group the heat rejected from the ice plant, using
the five chillers, to a single area, and then split that heat up where it is
needed most?

2)     The domestic water heater type is set to "electricity". It can also
be set to "heat pump". Can anyone explain to me what this will mean?

Please give me any advice you are willing to offer.

Thank you all and I look forward to your responses;

- Justin