[Equest-users] Changes in MBTU savings

Kahn, Jessica Jkahn at hlw.com
Mon Jan 24 12:37:51 PST 2011

All,

I am trying to do a simple feature by feature analysis for a client presentation.  I want to show explicitly what the effect of each energy savings component will have on the overall building.

However, the savings from each feature change when I alter something in the base model.

For example: I ran the detailed data simulation with an alternative of a R-19 roof insulation with and without internal loads for the elevators in the building.

The savings from the roof insulation were ½ what they were without the elevator loads when I ran the simulation with them included.  (I had not switched out of the detailed data mode)

Shouldn't the savings have remained the same in the two runs?

The big concern is when I try to test the effect of heat recovery on most of the building.

If you need  more information I will be more than happy to provide it.

Thank you in advance for your time,

Jessica

Jessica Kahn  LEED AP

Mechanical Engineer

HLW International, LLP

115 Fifth Avenue

New York,  NY  10003

T 212 353 4918

F 212 353 4666

jkahn at hlw.com <mailto:jkahn at hlw.com>

1885-2010 Celebrating 125 years

Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Planning & Consulting

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be legally
privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to
the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from
your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please
contact the sender.