[Equest-users] Building Shades

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Jan 4 07:08:30 PST 2011

To round out John’s thorough and detailed answer:  Yes, coming out of the wizards, multiple shells will shade each other if you do nothing else. The exterior surfaces of one shell will act like static, opaque building shades with respect to other shells.

The “Shading Surface - Yes/No” property for exterior surfaces John is pointing out is where you can confirm or edit that behavior (typically, when creating a 90.1 baseline model).  I find it easiest to select any exterior surface from the 3D view, switch to spreadsheet view, then drag the horizontal navigation bar all the way to the right to edit the column for this variable.

‾Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers