[Equest-users] Maximum HVAC Systems

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Jan 12 07:13:06 PST 2011

Lisa,

I believe the upper limit on # of unique systems follows the upper limit
on # of zones, which is something higher than 1,000 but I'm not certain
where the sidewalk ends in the current version 3.64.  If you should have
more than 1,000 zones or systems to include in one building, you might
need to use multiple models.

A more probable limit for most situations is the number of zones
actually defined - and this relates to Grammy's point about 1 system per
zone:  If you only have 15 zones, you can't complete a simulation with
more than 15 systems.  It follows that you need a minimum of 15 spaces
to define 15 zones.  The important point to take away here is that you
really must, at a minimum, define at least one distinct space to
correspond to each system when you are considering and creating your
building geometries.

The building design you're describing thus far sounds perfectly do-able
within eQuest.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER