[Equest-users] LEED Paperwork - Defaults Overridden

Bob Fassbender bob at energy-models.com
Tue Jan 18 12:23:44 PST 2011

I can confirm this as well (that you should just ballpark the number). Try
to consider this from a LEED reviewer's point of view tho; they are really
looking to see if you changed any value abnormally. I think the original
intent was "Major defaults overridden". So, for instance, if you changed
default load methodologies, or something that most users do not change, that
is what they want to know about. However, if many people are putting
hundreds of defaults overridden, this may become what the LEED reviewer
expects to see anyway.

I have to say the reviewers have gotten pretty savvy over the last few years
and most of them probably see that you are using eQUEST, and then they
understand (because eQUEST has so many defaults, by it's nature of being a
fast simulation tool). Remember that some reviewers are more familiar with
certain software, so if they ask, it's likely that they aren't too familiar
with eQUEST, and you need to explain that eQUEST has defaults for nearly
every value (though in my experience, eQUEST is the most well-known by LEED
reviewers).