[Equest-users] Cooking Equipment and Elevators/ Exhaust fans

Paul Diglio paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 24 13:49:45 PST 2011

I would not be concerned that there is a disadvantage to sub-meters because
using separate meters removes the internal loads from the HVAC system.

In the Northeast, the elevator equipment rooms are generally exhausted with
maybe a unit heater for use during very cold weather.  Kitchens use makeup air
and hood exhaust so the cooking equipment load does not trespass into the
building.  Besides kitchens are seldom air-conditioned and the heating load is
minimal.

Paul Diglio