[Equest-users] HVAC Loads output question

Brian Gregory bgregory at dynamix-ltd.com
Thu Jan 27 13:23:54 PST 2011

Drew,

I typically use the "LS-B Peak Load Components" report from the sim-output
file for loads.

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Morrison, Andrew <
amorrison at haleyaldrich.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I’m modeling a 1940s-era apartment building for a geothermal retrofit. The
> current heating system consists of hot-water radiators supplied by gas-fired
> boilers. Cooling is supplied by window air conditioning units in each
> apartment. The ultimate objective is to generate building space heating and
> cooling loads to size a heat pump and ground heat exchanger – by space
> heating and cooling loads, I mean the total heat which has to be added or
> removed by the HVAC system to maintain all conditioned spaces at their set
> points.
>

> Currently I’m generating hourly loads from the Building HVAC hourly report
> block using variables 1 & 2, entitled “Building cool load (coils +
> losses&gains)” and “Building heat load (coils + losses&gains)”. Are these
> the right variables to use, or do I need to look somewhere else?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Drew Morrison
>
> Engineer
>
> *Haley & Aldrich, Inc.*
>
> 8899 Gander Creek Drive
>
> Miamisburg, OH 45342-5432
>
> Office: 937.530.1431
>
> Cell: 937.307.2223
>
> amorrison at haleyaldrich.com

*Dynamix***

*Engineering Ltd*

*Brian Gregory***

*Mechanical
Engineer
***

855 Grandview Ave., 3rd Floor    Columbus, OH 43215
*614-443-1178 ext. 278             **www.dynamix-ltd.com*