[Equest-users] ETTV Value

Sat Jan 15 05:36:45 PST 2011

  Zahid,

First of all, Singapore's building authority may or may not accept the
ETTV calculation based on eQuest simulation. You can always try to make
the case. Arup has made this case at least once that I know of.

To do it in eQuest is quite simple. You simply need to disaggregate the
heat flow through the facade into (1) wall conduction (2) glass
conduction and (3) solar radiation. I think these values are reported in
the standard report (LS-C).

An example can be found here:

Clarice Fong, Wu Xuchao, Ery Djunaedy, "Formulating an Alternative
Methodology for Singapore's Envelope Thermal Transfer Value Calculation:
Accounting for Non-Conventional Shading Strategies", PLEA 2009.
http://www.plea2009.arc.ulaval.ca/Papers/2.STRATEGIES/2.2%20Heating%20and%20Cooling/ORAL/2-2-11-PLEA2009Quebec.pdf

Local resource in Singapore, you can ask Clarice or Xuchao, or you can
always try Prof Chou of NUS.

Hope this helps,

Ery