[Equest-users] Constructing chiller part load curves

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 10:17:14 PST 2011

Hi all,

I agree with all the strategies listed in these emails. HOWEVER, please do
not pass by the article I attached again today, and will attach to this
also.

This article was not written by me but rather by Steve Gates, the same guy
that writes and maintains the HVAC portion of eQUEST. I was working with a
client on chiller curves when the original Chiller Curves (Oh Boy!), thanks
Nick, chain of emails began. There was something about the EDR article that
bothered me and I talked to Steve about it. Steve, being nothing if not
thorough, read the article and wrote the new article with some amendments
and additions.

This article, the contents of the DOE2 Manuals and the EDR article should
provide you with everything you need to create chiller curves. I would
suggest reading all of them starting with everything in the DOE2 Manuals,
moving on the the EDR article and finishing with the Chiller Curves SDG,
etc., as it is, more or less, the final word.

Best,

Carol