[Equest-users] eQUEST - serious trouble with LEED review

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Mon Jan 24 10:48:12 PST 2011

With respect to your first point, you can have either a single loop
pump, a chiller pump or both.  (this can be set up in the wizard or
detailed interface -- obviously you are well into the detailed interface
on this project.)

For each chiller in eQUEST, one of the tabs is "loop attachments" where
you can specify a chiller chilled water pump and a chiller condenser
water pump which will then operate with the chiller.  Once you have
defined the pumps there, you can delete the main loop pump.

Note that I have found it helpful to save and then reopen and eQUEST
file once water side changes have been made -- especially when you are
reconfiguring loops and pumps.  Sometimes saving and reopening clears
.bdl errors that would otherwise crop up.

With regard to your 2nd query, I have not had time to open your file.
You can change the loop "sizing option" from secondary (where it adds up
all connected coil capacities) to primary (where it looks at capacity of
primary equipment on the loop).  Perhaps this may resolve the issue.
Apologies if I missed the point on this one.