[Equest-users] Dynamic Glazing

deepika khowal deepika.khowal at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 13:22:48 PST 2011

HI Arpan
to model dynamic glazing, you can create the glazing with variable SHGC and
then switch it based on switch schedules .
unfortunately, eQUEST does not allow multiple triggers.
LBNL has lot of publications on simulating dynamic glazing.
Hope this helps
Regards
Deepika

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Arpan Bakshi <arpanbakshi at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am looking at a number of dynamic glazing technologies, variable SHGC.
>
> My initial thoughts towards modeling a film which varies in opacity based
> on either temperature, insolation or workplane illuminance is to run a
> model, obtain values and build a schedule based on those results.
>
> It seems a more efficient and accurate approach would be to develop an
> expression which ties together, i.e. shading coefficient with footcandles on
> an hourly time step.
>
> Anyone aware of good example files or papers demonstrating such a control
> sequence? Or would advocate for an alternative approach? Many thanks_

Deepika Khowal, LEED Green Associate
Energy Engineer, Soladigm Inc.