[Equest-users] Separating Fan Energy from EER

Christian Kaltreider ckaltreider at sudassociates.com
Mon Jul 11 05:43:17 PDT 2011

Hi All,

There are strings about this subject in the archives, but they do not fully
answer my questions and I am not able to open some of the key attachments.
Here is my question:  Is there a LEED-accepted method for separating out fan
energy from an EER?  I am looking for how this can be done without eQUEST
doing some behind-the-scenes calculations/assumptions.  There is an equation
that was given in a former string, but I don't know its source or whether it
is an accepted method by the reviewing committee.  Again, I am looking to be
able to show how this is done by hand.not how to get eQUEST to do it for me.

Thanks very much for your help,

Christian

Christian Kaltreider, LEED AP

Energy Engineer