[Equest-users] question about air handler

Mike Steadman msteadman at abimechanical.com
Thu Jul 21 13:48:18 PDT 2011

HI to all,

I am having trouble with the heating systems for my building

It is a Town Hall

There is a air handler that provides outside air on/off schedule from
8:30 AM-4:30 PM Monday-Friday for the whole building

It is linked to a main thermostat that will call either for cool or
heat. The outside air is tempered by a hot water loop 2 pipe from the
boiler in the heating season

The boiler also provides heat to baseboard for half of the building(East
in my model)

Cooling is from a condensing unit outside with the coils in the air
handler.

The west side of my building has electric baseboard. As well as the air
handler.

Would I model one air side system, that handles whole building,  that is
somehow linked to the boiler? I have tried two zones with the same
system and that did not seem to work.

And how can I have just an Electric baseboard heating system created,
under the tabs, there does not seem to be a starting point for the
baseboards.

This is one of my first models where I am trying to show some
performance improvements to the owners

If someone could help me get my basic heating and cooling assignments
correct, that would be great.

I think I attached what is needed for viewing my model.

Thanks in advance

Mike Steadman

Energy Manager

ABI Mechanical