[Equest-users] BLDG-HVAC vs. BLDG-LOADS

Lyle Keck lkeck at aeieng.com
Fri Jul 22 11:20:46 PDT 2011

Can anyone speak to the different hourly load outputs for variable type Building-HVAC vs. variable type Building-LOADS?

When I pull the hourly block results out for both, I find the 'building heat load (sensible)' and 'building heat load (latent)' from the Building-LOADS report to be very different from the 'building heat load (coils+losses&gains)' from the Building-HVAC.  The same is true for the cooling loads.

There are also a significant amount of hours where one report will say '0' cool or heat load, and the other report will have a load value.

I am trying to create a HVAC load profile, so I am assuming using the Building-HVAC load outputs would be more appropriate.
I would like to know why the values are different though, are there additional variables that the HVAC subprogram does not take into account?

Thanks in advance!

Lyle Keck
SustainablE Systems Analyst