[Equest-users] eQuest Weather File Selection

Taylor Sharpe newspectrum at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:47:27 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Does anyone out there have a decent idea of how eQuest selects the weather
file it draws on for simulations?  I thought that the program drew from TMY2
and TMY3 files, but our current project location is set to Klamath Falls,
OR, a location for which a TMY3 file exists...but when we run a simulation,
the detailed output shows that eQuest has selected a Medford weather file.

I'm currently in the process of creating my own weather file based on the
available TMY3, but my question is this: does eQuest simply plug in desired
latitude and longitude and find the nearest available file, or does it
somehow compare inputs to try to find a more perfect match?

Regards,
Taylor Sharpe
Lead Energy Modeler, Sharpe Energy Solutions