[Equest-users] Expression Parsing Error

Jeremy McClanathan jmcclanathan at CDiengineers.com
Fri Jul 8 11:31:19 PDT 2011

I can’t remember where I got this number from, but the number I have is 4096.  I have always been able to get below this value by using #XX syntax and using switch statements in place of if-then statements.
Jeremy

Jeremy McClanathan, P.E., BEMP, HFDP, LEED® AP BD+C
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC3D62.5FB7EB80]
4200 194th St SW, Ste 200, Lynnwood, WA 98036
P 425-672-1071 | F 425-778-8769

From: MattDubrovich at Eaton.com [mailto:MattDubrovich at Eaton.com]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 9:24 AM
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] Expression Parsing Error

Hi all,

We’re using long User Expressions and sometimes get the following error:

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CC3D62.5FB7EB80]

In case the picture didn’t come through: “Expression Parsing Error: Expression too long to be parsed”.

Does anyone know what the maximum number of lines (or characters?) that is allowed in the User Expressions or User Defaults?  The expressions are long lists so it’s not the error from having one line that is too long, we’ve worked through that one before.

Thanks,

Matt Dubrovich, PE, CEM, BEMP
Energy Solutions Group

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information, as well as content subject to copyright and other intellectual laws.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, copy, or distribute the email message or its attachments.  If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email, immediately delete this email and destroy copies.