[Equest-users] Chiller Curves

Robby Oylear robbyoylear at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:55:47 PDT 2011

Hi Rob,

Part 2 of the Energy Design Guide resources program on HVAC Simulation goes
into detail on how to create custom chiller curves.  The guide can be found
here:
http://www.energydesignresources.com/media/2654/EDR_DesignGuidelines_%20HVAC_Simulation.pdf

The thing that trips a lot of people is that EIRFPLR is actually a ratio of
power draw, not efficiency.

For example:
EIRFPLR (50% PLR) = kW (50% PLR) / kW (full-load)

*Robby Oylear, LEED**®** AP BD+C*

*Mechanical Project Engineer*

*Energy Analyst*

* *