[Equest-users] Fw: insufficient heating capability

Jeremy Poling Jeremy.Poling at transwestern.net
Mon Jul 25 07:16:47 PDT 2011

By chance, does the building have a significant amount of glass at the
exterior in a climate where heating is required at some point during the
year?  I have seen this warning persist in energy models of buildings
where the envelope load is unsatisfied due to lack of baseboard heat.
This is a design issue, though, and should probably be brought up to the
system designer instead of tweaked in the model until it goes away.
Cost and aesthetics are often used as reasons to eliminate baseboard
heat, whereas the energy model and some basic ASHRAE 55 calcs may show
that to be a bad choice (or at least give the energy modeler and the
system designer a CYA when the occupants start complaining).

Just a thought...

Jeremy R. Poling, PE, LEED AP+BDC