[Equest-users] Default Values

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Jul 27 16:02:41 PDT 2011

To point #1:

I can't really provide a complete answer, but I can share some knowledge
to help shape the question perhaps...

Building Type (i.e. "Office") and certain energy standards are
selectable in detailed by clicking on the project line at the top of any
component tree.

These do affect the defaults of some inputs, similar to how the
type/jurisdiction options affect some wizards defaults.  Not everything
has a default, and not everything that has a default has any bearing on
the building type/jurisdiction.  You can begin to get a better picture
of where the default is coming from, if anywhere, by right clicking an
input field and selecting "view default/range."

The default for some inputs will be the input for something referenced
higher up the component tree (i.e. wall height of a space defaults to
the flr-to-clg height of the parent shell).  The default for any linked
component is of course the linked object.  Some inputs can reference
libraries (i.e. windows, constructions), and those selections if used
will in some cases set "defaults" for other entries.

If what you're getting at is the desire to revise/define different
defaults, then you should explore "edit/view user default..." in the
same context dialog.

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER