[Equest-users] Sizing runs in baseline model

Mark Darrall MDarrall at a2so4.com
Thu Jun 2 05:14:00 PDT 2011

Thanks, David. This pretty much agrees with what GBCI told me.

I left the sub-meter in (creating it and putting stuff on it was a good exercise) and the hood /MUAU on it since it doesn't really impact the outputs - all the power still shows up in the right categories.

Have you ever used system type RESYS2? The current design model uses PSZ but the design systems are actually fancy residential DX / furnace residential split systems. Unfortunately, RESYS2 doesn't allow night cycle fan operation for some reason, which caused me all kinds of unmet cooling hours due to nighttime overrun. I didn't change the fan, cooling or thermostat schedules so the units COULD have come on if needed.

If it can't be forced, I'll leave them as PSZs, as the reviewers didn't comment on it before and it doesn't really impact things much from an energy standpoint, does it?

Take care!

(BTW, sorry about the ovals and arrows wandering off - didn't occur to me that I needed to make a new combined image!)

MARK DARRALL, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, NCARB
Senior Project Manager

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC20FC.5C49CE50]

DESIGN ENRICHING LIFE // LIFE ENRICHING DESIGN

A2SO4 Architecture, LLC
Union Station
300 South Meridian Street / 250
Indianapolis, Indiana 46225
TEL  317 388 8850
FAX  317 280 0692
MOB 765 749 0841
www.a2so4.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message. Neither the sender nor the company for which he or she works accepts any liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.