[Equest-users] App G HVAC System 5

Ben Pressman bpressman at practicalenergy.net
Thu Jun 30 09:14:25 PDT 2011

My baseline model requires system 5 from 90.1 app G table G3.1.1A, packaged
VAV with HW reheat with 2 boilers. I believe I've followed all the
instructions from 90.1 but I'm having trouble sizing it properly. I get
thousands of unmet heating hours in every single zone, and my coil heating
load from SS-D (-279 kBtu/hr) is less than my total space load from LS-D
(-311 kBtu/hr). In addition, it appears that only one of my boilers ever
runs.

I feel that I do not fully understand how to properly size systems in
eQuest, and can identify the problem but not always solve it. Are there
resources out there for system sizing? Also, has anyone had experience with
the problem I described above and might know how to start solving it?

Thank you,

Ben Pressman, EIT, BESA

Project Engineer

Practical Energy Solutions