[Equest-users] DWG import

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Jun 10 08:19:43 PDT 2011

Hi Brad,

I’ve got a few rules/thoughts to consider – these may not all apply to your situation:

·         In CAD, set up your references so that each level shares the same origin… i.e – if a corner of the building on level one is @100’,100’ from 0,0,0 then the corners for the other level’s corners that should coincide with the 1st should also be @100’,100’ from the origin.  You should be able to XREF one plan into another without specifying the origins and have them synced up perfectly on top of each other.

·         When you first select a dwg for reference in eQuest, and whenever selecting new ones for different levels, you are faced with a dialog and inputs for X/Y coordinates regarding the model’s origin.  Don’t touch those!

·         When defining zones/perimeters, there is a means by which you can end up panning/moving the reference background… I forget exactly how, but I recall doing this accidentally in early projects – and it resulted in the same problem…  you might investigate to know what not to do with regard to moving the background around.

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

PROJECT ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers