[Equest-users] LEED Review Comment on U-Value Input Method

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Jun 17 14:07:43 PDT 2011

Another piece of the puzzle. From the 90.1 User's Manual, section on
Baseline Building Opaque Assemblies (p.G14 in 2004 ed.):

"The baseline building is assumed to be steel framed no matter what the
construction of the proposed building. If the proposed building has
thermal mass in the exterior construction and this is a benefit in a
particular climate, then the mass is credited in the building
performance rating method."

So delayed construction is the de facto method for modeling the proposed
envelope, and by extension, the baseline.

Bill